Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Given that ...

Given that I'm now well over 6 years into recovery and sobriety, as a sort of 'knee jerk' response, I'd say, yes.

I empathise a lot with what you say, then I remember that there is much to be said about the fact that sobriety, amongst its many benefits has brought quality, something I can't define, but know it when I see it, to my life. Which in my drinking days, barely existed, if ever.

Plus the fact when I feel like this, it's always an indication that I should renew my efforts to make spiritual progress, and stop being complacent about what I have or where I am and appreciate those more meaningful, perhaps little things in life.

Something that can be undertaken, even for those who don't take a spiritual approach to their recovery.

We all got here by different paths and we all follow different paths in recovery, although we're all joined in a common bond.

So there's no perfect way or answer to anything. Sobriety, like life itself is what you make it. Only you can make you happy, at the end of the day.