Old 11-22-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ilford

Bored, Behind in School, Sick, feeling guilty, but sober.

Hey New Friends

Tittle kinda says it all. I have several major health issues. I was pulled off painkillers and put into group therapy for pain management (which is more of a close-ended class with a specific number of sessions than a meeting). This was 4 over months ago. When they pulled me off Oxycontin I made the commitment to to stop drinking and taking Valium. The only thing I've ever truly been addicted to was Valium. I got hooked on it during a very long stay in the hospital where I was getting sick from opiates. I refused to take them so they gave me a ton of Valium. Everything else I could always live without.

The pain/illness has changed since being sober. I can't say it's gotten better or worse, it's just changed. I'm fine with it. I have more of a positive mental attitude and I'm just feeling better than I have in a long time.

I'm just a little bored, trying to stay in and get school work done. I'm further behind than usual because if I'm sick there's not much to do for it other than rest, and if I don't give myself downtime I get sick. So I feel guilty for taking time for myself when I normally would be powering through some insane study/work session, when I know that I can only do as much as I can do. It's Saturday night and there's really nowhere I want to be. I was sick of bars while I was still drinking, and it's not exactly a nice night for a walk.

That's what's on my mind, hope it's appropriate, if not let me know.