View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Bebetter

lucy - you sound like you are in a wonderful place, both mentally and physically. I wonder if your son's maturity is a result of your husband's addiction. It makes sense that he would feel like he had to be more responsible, make sure that the rest of you are safe. My dad is the product of an alcoholic father and a battered mother, and I know he grew up assigning himself that role. He would often put himself in between his mom and dad to protect her, earning himself the abuse. For some reason, my grandfather never beat on my aunt (my father's sister), and interestingly, she died at 56 after a hard life of alcohol abuse and cigarettes.

We had a good day. I ran 4.5 miles this morning in the c-o-l-d. I'm up to 45,000 words in my novel, with just 5,000 to go to finish out the NaNoWriMo challenge! I'm at the climax of my story, and while it's not based on my life, there are huge aspects of it that hit really close to home for me. I was near tears writing today's section. It's hard to get it out on "paper." I'm in the home stretch of another cycle, waiting for my period to hopefully not come. I guess I'm hoping I tricked the universe into thinking that I wasn't trying hard to get pregnant this month, by being so busy accomplishing other things, so that I actually do.

I borrowed my neighbor's pizzelle maker to make pizzelles for my daughter's PTA teacher luncheon. I am literally sick to my stomach from eating so many practice pizzelles. I can't seem to help myself from helping myself to another!