View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Or, maybe you do need to get...
Lol.

No!

Hey Nuu.xx don't make "being in recovery" your new addiction! like a few others have said, timeout is ok, you know that - just as long as you have your support tools at the ready. And some daily commitment. (Like just posting / reading here.)

I can only speak for me, but there's been no magic checklist, and I've had to adapt my tools along the way. Alcoholism tends to eat at our confidence, I had a pervading sense of, "am I doing this right", or, "if I don't do this the right way I will fail", for a long time.

I noticed over time, that my thought patterns from drinking were now wired for angst, feelings of failure.....and shame.

When I relaxed and kind of stopped beating myself up, and thought, "oh here I go, I'm pissed off (feeling shameful etc) because my brain has been hard wired that way"....I'd step back and say "be damned", I'm going to grow new pathways in my brain that think good thoughts, not default to my bad, drinking mode of thinking.

I'd say it's taken a good 4 months for that process to reap tangible benefits, but the reasoning part of my brain when stressed has really grown some "healthy thinking" "muscles".

Anyways...your brain is renewing, maybe start putting those knee-jerk thought processes to the test and start challenging them by not giving them air-time to grow/keep you in a negative pattern.

Hugs for today, and be gentle on yourself.xx