Thread: Me yet again!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hendrix
Recognising my AV

Hello Natasha
As someone who was exactly in your position - that is drinking pretty much every day since (and before) my kids were born - and they're now 16 and 18 - I have an idea how you feel. I've had many false starts over the years and even more non starts.
I swore to myself nearly every morning over the last few years that I would stop - tried every way in the book but never managed.

This time - There is now 20 days between me and my last drink - I mostly feel positive that this time is for real. It was a combination of reading the AVRT book and website and using this forum.

I find many of the posts here inspirational and the folk are so supportive it's untrue!

I worried about how I could possibly get through an evening without drinking - and this worry kept me from stopping for so many years. I decided that I didn't want to drink anymore and no one could make me drink. it was totally my decision.
Come the morning and with each successive day I feel so glad and proud of myself that I now wake up with a beaming grin!

Why not decide to stop - make a commitment and hang around here?