View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tes

From my experience, detoxing does come in cycles also. 1st there is the physical wd which is horrible, but it does not end there. After that there is the mental wd to deal with, which is hard and lasts for an extended period. I can usually get past the physical, but the mental is where I break. Even after nearly a month of being sober it is still there. Unless I have some kind of crutch to get me though it all then that impulse to drink will always return and I feel depressed and all of the time and cant think straight. Compared to others, I suppose I am weak minded and willed. I do not like to feel real emotion, as I have been numbed from it for so long that it puts much fear and sadness into me that I just cant handle most of the time. I don't know if antidepressants can help this or not, maybe I just have not found the right one yet or will not fully give the paxil a chance to do its work correctly, at least until I am able to get past it a lot of it. Anyway, Thanks for the replies. I am considering the AA approach again but I will need to deal with these defects of character 1st I believe.