View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

You can have as much excitement as you want in sobriety. I know a LOT of bikers (motorcyclists) in AA and they plan trips and adventures all the time. I, personally, enjoy taking jaunts up to NYC to see a Broadway show or going to a great concert (lol, some of the bands that I saw in my drinking days I don't remember seeing at all). I took a motorcycle class earlier this year--that was less than a resounding success, but it was fun and something I always wanted to do. I've taken some great vacations, have a job now that lets me travel all over the country.

I also enjoy vegging out with a good movie and snuggling into bed early with a good book.

You may come to find different THINGS exciting in sobriety--which can be exciting in itself. I think where a lot of people get hung up is with expecting to enjoy the exact same things in the exact same way. And, TBH, I found NOTHING more boring than slogging through each day as a drunk, regardless of the occasional bouts of excitement (some of which could have cost me my life, career, or reputation).