View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Shellshocked444

I hope you don't mind me weighing in here since I am brand new to this.

But a few weeks ago I was teaching a new fitness class (all seniors) and from out of the blue one of them asked me, "what makes you, you??". I gave her a quizzical stare and said, "sorry", and shook my head like I didn't know what she meant. Then she replied, "Well, what is your passion...what makes you?" I'm sure my face dropped because the first thing that popped into my head was *alcohol* makes me. The thought was so depressing and pathetic I nearly broke down but I still managed to teach the class with a semi-smile on my face while feeling horribly hungover.

So Lusher when you say what do I have to look forward to I have to go back to my previous non drinking life and think of what I looked forward to back then. Seems so long ago "sigh".

Traveling for one, be it close or far. I loved that, but when I was always hungover leaving my house was hardly an option. I also loved going to restaurants with friends and cooking. But the nausea I felt every day took those things away too.

I am sorry this is so long but I'm already starting to look back at what made me happy. Believe me, the only thing I looked forward to for these past 3 years was drinking. That's not living. And my challenge will be how to bring back my passions without the alcohol.

I hope you find your passions again Lusher.

SS