View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
Ever since I stopped drinking some 15 months ago, there has been a bit of a void in my life. I guess it’s the excitement or the anticipation of a nice weekend or upcoming event that I miss.
This is an uber concerning post to me Lusher...but a really important one. I think many of us drink...or drug...or overeat... to fill a void, which many folks believe it is a spiritual one. I have even heard it referred to as a "God hole" in Christian writings.

The good news is...you have identified the void. Now...I don't think you have had it the entire 15 months you've been sober. It you have...wow...hats off..that's a long freaking white knuckle.

When I quit drinking I realized I had a pretty underdeveloped freaking life. I had no real hobbies and really had no idea what I liked to do or how to spend my time.

Have you built a life yet Lusher? What have you been doing for 15 months. How have you been staying sober? Do you have any sober community? What do you do on weekends? Do you have any hobbies? Do you like to garden or get with nature? Do you enjoy reading books or working with your hands? Do you enjoy conversation over a good meal? Do you like movies or live theatre? Do you like looking at the stars?

What do you like to do? What makes you happy?