View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lusher
Living Sober

Does Sobriety Mean Less Excitement?

Ever since I stopped drinking some 15 months ago, there has been a bit of a void in my life. I guess it’s the excitement or the anticipation of a nice weekend or upcoming event that I miss. Now that I don’t drink, I really don’t feel that same excitement that I once did, and it just seems as if I’m missing out that whole ‘looking forward to something’ feeling. There’s just not that ‘pop’ in my life right now, as my alcohol related social event are no more. Hence, nothing to really look forward to, so it seems.

I am in no way second guessing my decision to become and remain sober, as my life as a whole is much better. But, perhaps I’m sort of waiting for things to get back to the way that they were, just without the booze. I am also fully aware that this may never happen, and if that’s the case, then so be it. I do still have many things in which I enjoy, but just not so many that I get too excited about- at least not at the moment. Hopefully as I continue to reinvent myself, this will improve.

I just wanted to post this to see if anybody else can relate to this as well?

Lusher