View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Hello Rach,
+ Speaking from a Biblical perspective - the enemy of our souls knows how to undermine us and get us to feel like giving up. I found that there is strength available thru prayer.

+ From an AA 12 Traditions perspective - the only requirement for membership (or attendance) is a desire to stop drinking. That means I belong there just because I choose to show up. That RIGHT was secured for me by the founders of the program, and God changed their lives so that millions upon millions are FREE, and continue to be (In spite of some negative people in AA, and in spite of how I may 'feel' about some of the meetings).

+ From the perspective of a person that drank for 40 years - I am FREE today, and in a few days will have 1 year Sober and grateful. I could not fix myself; it came for me through reading the AA Big Book, working the AA 12 Steps, having a sponsor, and listening to LOTS of AA Speaker messages which I found by doing many web searches on the internet.

I know YOU can stay strong, and it may need to be thru surrender, and 'walking-thru' the horrible feelings that seems to be inevitable when getting FREE from the life-controlling addiction....RDBplus3