View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ErJoy1989

How did you get through withdrawals?

I don't want to go through medical leave with the busy environment I'm in... times feel too important right now. Gotta get certain things accomplished. 3 weeks left & everything will be done... I plan to get in-patient by winter vacation. Really sad that I can't celebrate Christmas and New Years with family, but what I'm asking is...

If you guys dealt with withdrawal symptoms in the past, did you all do anything other than detox? I know I have to do it before treatment, but.... I could use some advice. I really want to quit for good, without any sort of complications. The symptoms I experience now are tough and my parents have to buy a small quantity for me and they feel heartbroken over it. They keep telling me that they feel like they're "horrible people" and barely speak to me. I keep telling them that it's not the case, but they keep putting themselves down anyway!

I live with my parents right now (I'm 25). I told them it's "too dangerous" due to my severe withdrawal symptoms in order for me to live alone. They have a hard time understanding my addiction, even though I explain it to them a lot. i'm thinking that I have to come up with lots of anologies/metaphors in order for them to understand...

Anyway, the withdrawal symptoms, not fun... unpleasant... any advice?

Please, anyone out there, any advice would be appreciated so much...