View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carmen303

well, I thought we broke up??

After learning about the mood cycles and seeing how his drinking is getting worse, I got enough courage to say enough. I told him that I will not date an active drinker(he drinks wine or beer daily- when waking and after work until he slurs his words). He was mad, told me I had become a nag. We were (I thought) broken up.

2 weeks later (tonight) he text me, saying "I know you hate me, but can I call you sometime. I promise to not be mean?" (I had told him that when his mood changes, he's mean). I responded, "I don't hate you. yes, if you promise not to be mean". ( I meant yes, we can talk, not yes, we can get back together)

A few hours later he said, he "looked forward to talking. he misses me and loves me"; "I think we can work this out".

What do I do? I feel guilty that it came to this, but he has a long road ahead of him, if he plans to stop. His moods are hard on me.

He can be the sweetest guy and I love him, but I can't stand to see him destroying his health and his moods...he goes from sweet to mean/angry. It's hard. The Jekyll/hyde thing.

Any thoughts as to what's in his head? How should I respond? I don't know what to do.