Thread: No More Lies
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mishelly
It Is What It Is

No More Lies

Hi, my name is Mischele and right here, right now, is the first time I've been willing to admit that I AM an addict. I started drinking and smoking pot recreationally when I was fifteen, swearing I would never do anything other than that. By age 25 I had done enough meth to destroy about every tooth in my head, not to mention I weighed about 80-90 lbs and my friends told me I looked like the walking dead, which of course I didn't believe. I don't go looking for it anymore, but here I am at 37 yrs old, last time I used meth was August 04, but I am still using/wanting to use meth and other drugs and so far have been unable to say no when someone lays it out in front of me. I have remedied this so far by forcing myself to stay away from those friends, but it's hard. I could go on, but why bother, everyone has a story, and a drug is a drug is a drug, right?

I gotta couple of friends in NA, so I know enough to know my next step is finding a good meeting and going from there. I'm so so tired, so let the journey begin...

Kahlia - Thanks for your straight-forwardness over in the Ask The Experts forum.