View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hadlbran
Hadlbran

((((Cynay))))

Your post made me cry and I don't know why! I guess I am just filled with so much "did I do the right thing" right now that I am hurting. Her entire family are alcoholics so their responses to her are always "you gotta learn to drive better" (this is her SECOND accident - the first time was a fender bender that the people didn't turn her in).

I just have to learn to let go and let God but sometimes that is so hard! I keep saying to myself "you can't change her - she has to want it for herself" or "nothing you can say will "fix" this problem" so I just have to lean on that right now - but I can't help but cry. I can't seem to stop crying right now. Where do I get the strength?

And Daffodil - you are SO right in saying they are guilt ridden being around sober people. Her entire family and all her friends are alcoholics but me. When I went to visit her in the hospital - at one point while everyone was talking to each other - she looked at me like "I am such a disappointment to you" or like she KNEW she screwed up and was embarassed. I can't get that look out of my head.

I am just a mess of emotions today and I trying so hard to keep telling myself that I did what I had to - but sometimes that just feels horrible. I have always been co-dependent my entire life and learning not to be is so hard!