View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am about to spend my 4th straight Christmas alone. This will be hopefully be the first sober Christmas alone but it will be so hard knowing that no one wants me around.
I just moved 2400 km's away from home...so I too will be alone at Christmas. Although I'm staying with my sister I'm pretty sure she will be heading south to be with her son.

I was just looking at the church community online in this new place. I watched the this sweet and incredibly amusing "welcome" video for a local church basically saying if your old, green, queer, addicted, in recovery, young, grumpy or sad...you're welcome. I might go check them out this morning.They didn't look like your "typical" religious folks..which is exactly what I'm after. Eclectic spirituality.

I also know there is a new AA group starting a meeting this afternoon which I may check out.

I know I need to find new community here...so I won't be alone at Christmas...or in life really.

I know church or recovery community isn't everybody's bag...but it sure helps by way of getting you out there and meeting people.

We got just over a month my friend....let's make this a fantastic, meaningful sober Christmas.