Thread: How stupid am I
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Does not mean anything. Nor that anything had to be done or not done.

You are from the A side of things, right?

All good, but just asking. Because the "in to action" thing and all.

The world does not work that way on the Yang (or Yin, depending on perspective) side of things.

There is Great Power in inaction. Often we find the Strongest Thing is to simply do Nothing. Let Go and Let God, as the Slogan goes.

In Alanon, we jokingly say, "Don't Do Something. Just Sit There."

Go back and look at the original post. There was not a Lack of Doing Anything in there.

Boo is just busy spinning her wheels with worry. About things that were not her's to worry about. All about him, him, him and his, his, his problems.

My point was to simply suggest a different direction -- no action at all.

The focus not need be on an A. The Drama Queen is neither that Dramatic nor much a Queen (or King). Boo's REALLY important things -- the kids -- are Right There. Whether the A is there and whether the A is drinking or not.

Same with Mrs. Hammer. She may come, she may go, I don't know.

Not Hammer's Problem. Nor Hammer's Priority.

I am suggesting the same may work well for others.
yes i come from the side of action as words mean nothing to me unless they come from real personal ex[erience of course

its far to easy to tell others to put the kids first and that mean they will have to face being a single parent to the kids
all sorts of hardships come with it that does make them think that they might as well stay like they are

a lot of al anon members i know in my area are still living with drinking partners because they simply do not want to face life on there own so they put up with it or worse a non drinking partner who is doing nothing about themselves

i can understand that part of things but what i dont understand is how they can then try to direct others to take actions that many of them have never done ?

i am not saying its not wrong advice to put the kids first as that is the way to go but when puch comes to shove it means breaking up a family home and when faced with that option many would rather stick with what they know rather than jump into the unknown