View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
topspin

Up,... grabbing a bat and taking a swing at quitting is huge !
That takes some cahunas right there. Like Obo, if it's any consolation , I'm still sitting in the dugout too.

I hope you can carry yourself to the store and get your mitts on a new water bottle today.

Soli, ... I may have an advanced degree in that " not letting it get out of hand " notion !? Your analogy is a good one .

Freein, ..... really like your expression " Teetotaler "
Sounds so positive ! Still don't understand why it's not spelled Teatotaller though !??

Made the mistake of bush hogging last week without a mask. Started off to do just a little, but ended up a little too *exuberant* myself. Finally finished out the painting on this cottage, ( except for the hurricane shutters which will have to wait for the spring )

Picked up a rear tine tiller a couple months ago on Craigs List and it's been ,...well ,
challenging the first two times. The grapevine root system here has had decades ( if not longer ) to mature. The big stuff I can ax and pull out with a thick rope on the trailer hitch, .... the tines wrap up the smaller ones easy enough.
Still can't believe how much buried garbage is around here. Apparently, ..it was customary to use your own property as a small landfill before the bridge was built to access the mainland in 1956 . The folks living here were first generation descendants of slavery.

Anyway, ...it's a slow tedious process. lol ....maybe a goat would be a better idea !?

Mariah, Izzy, Chick, Obo, Adna...and the rest of our gang, ( U 2 Dee !! )...thanks for keeping this going like you do.