Old 11-12-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brindie

Basic recovery technique - facing a Christmas party for the first time

To celebrate my nearly one year of recovery after leaving my STBERAH, I have just taken a huge - for me - step. I accepted an invitation to our office Christmas party in two weeks time, and bought a new party dress at 50% discount which arrived by mail today. RAH was so jealous, I always refused invitations to any work social events - except last year, when I promised to get a cab home with a girlfriend before 9pm. I never went to anything where partners were invited, except to his work parties, where he usually left me all evening on my own. I was always so ashamed of his drinking behaviour. So this year, best foot forward! No-one waiting up hammered at home checking the time, no-one checking out I'm looking 'modest' before I go out. So ladies, in my 60th year I have bought a beautiful deep ruby, figure hugging, ruched (fake) silk, just above the knee, sleeveless party dress! It fits like a dream, and with my renewed confidence, I am really looking forward to a party for the first time in nearly 20 years. That's recovery!