Old 11-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

When I got into recovery, though my DOC (drug of choice) was different, I was tired. I was used to a high-drama lifestyle (getting illegal drugs, using them, hiding from the cops, getting locked up and let out, etc.).

I had no idea what I used to like to do before drugs. My early days were spent in a mind battle against the cravings.

I did work, and that helped, but recovery was a whole lot more than just quitting the dope. I was lucky that I had found SR some time before and was still lurking before I eventually joined.

I don't honestly know if there is anything you can do to help her move past this stage. She has to want it for herself.

I would mention that you are talking about 43 days compared to 6 years of addiction. I was well into at least 3 months before I even addressed my lack of energy, isolation, etc. but that's just me.

I can tell you that this forum helped me, immensely, as I was also a codependent. I hope you keep reading and posting. The one thing about recovery is it is HER recovery. The recovery you can work on is for yourself. Hard to do, but very worth it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy