View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
desypete

for me i look at what 1 drink will cost me
i will might end up being locked up in a police cell or worse depending on what i had done the night before with drinking i might have to face going to prison

i might end up getting in my car and killing someone as i would think nothing of drink driving to go and get more booze

i might end up smashing the home up, fighting with neighbors, you name it i might end up doing it

drink to me isnt about sitting at home getting drunk nice and quietly, drink for me has such a huge damaging impact on anyone and everyone around me

then of course if i take one drink and i do end up doing something wrong i will need more drink to try to cope with the shame of it all
or it might be a good idea to have a quick drink just to stop my shakes or try to get rid of the bad feelings of being hungover

all because when i take 1 drink i want another and another i have no off switch that will tell me at drink 6 or 7 right thats enough now like normal drinkers can do

so 1 drink for me is deadly i can never control my drinking, i can never drink socialable i have tried everyway in the world to try to drink normal as i never ever wanted to do any thing wrong
yet time and time again i would end up in the same mess full of guilt and shame and remorse and no answer for anyone as to why i would behave like i do when drunk

now i dont drink, i dont end up in any sort of mess were i have to try to remember what i did last night, i have no guilt shame or remorse anymore as i dont do anything wrong

i am free of that curse that drink gives me the dr Jekyll and mr hide battle is over for now but if i take a drink well mr hyde is always going to be still inside of me just waiting to come out and ruin everything and everyone

so thanks for the offer of just one drink but this alcoholic knows exactly what it will do to me and what it will cost me
its no contest for me