View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Maui78

Its been a while.

I want to say I wish I had listened, I wish I took your advice. I wish I had walked away two years ago. But I can't. Because I had to come to this in my own time. To see with my own eyes that everything said here was true. That my addict is not different. That things didn't get better because she wasn't ready. Everyone onthis board is amazing. Wise. And to be listened to. And everyone who comes here looking for advice will probably walk their own walk till they are ready to hear what is being said. Those that can come here, read, listen, and make wise decisions without having to learn the hard way, I admire you and raise my hands. I wish I didn't have to learn the hard way. This has been the hardest two years of my life(aside from my own stuff before I met my addict) and I have learned so much. And I can say without a doubt that everything I read on here was true. This is experience speaking on these boards. These people have walked in our shoes. And when they say run, we should listen. They have fought the battle and lost, just like we are doing right now. This was never our fight. And they are trying to spare us from the hell they have experienced. Well, now I am one of them. And most newcomers won't listen because they aren't ready. Someday you will know. Save yourself. It is the only person you can save. Thank you SR. Maybe one day soon I will post details of the last two years. I'm astounded at some of it, not to mention embarrassed. But I keep telling myself at least I'm still here. And maybe my story will matter.