Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SallyTaylor

Thanks so much SR Friends. I really needed to hear this. I think you all are very wise.

My take-away is to try to focus on the immediate needs I have to take care of myself and to try very hard to banish the destructive thoughts related to these men. It helps to hear the outside perspectives to remind me of this as I think many if not all of us on this Forum can relate to how our brains can lead us to very dark places....

I was also just reading the thread that SEEK started about what people are doing for themselves. What struck me was how other members have made it through to finding joy from the simple things in life like gardening, cleaning the house, getting a breakfast sandwich or an arugula salad. I wonder if many of us have gotten so used to the high drama and chaos that we've forgotten the art of appreciating the simple pleasures.

Thank you - the encouragement from all of you is giving me the boost I need to dry my tears this morning and put just 1 step in front of another right now.

The idea of a relationship moratorium is a good one - I think I will do that and just cut out the xBF and the haunting thoughts from the XAH.