View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
aloneatlast

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I've calmed slightly now, it's 11pm here and I think I've surfed the storm for now.

I'm always going to have this around me, the interaction with the ex. I understand the need to reflect on how I've treated others during the time I was drinking and have an awareness of the things I say to people, I just felt that even when I was drinking, relations had been very positive and consistent which is why it's frustrating
Ex-Partner are always looking for an excuse to put the boot in. I don't agree with slapping/hitting/ children, but as a Father myself, I understand the challenging behaviour, they can wear you down.

This is a storm in a teacup and it will blow over. Remain sober and strong, have a nice cup of tea and treat yourself to a biscuit or cake, it is the weekend and know that your changing your life and circumstances for the better.

Never ever apologise or explain for hitting your child, its a poison chalice. They will use it against you for the rest of your life. Simply ask to speak your daughter on the phone and say whats wrong ?

If she says she is scared, say why ? If she say because you hit me, then say well dont be naughty and I wont do it again.

As for your Ex (well what can I say), your a muggins for telling her, she probably clapped her hands with glee when you gifted her that one, silly billy. Say nothing and if your daughter says something, then say you discplined her bad behaviour nothing more than that.

Its a tricky one because its going to be a biased situation no matter what you do, I am afraid.

I have been there, done that and have a wardrobe full of t-shirts.