View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
aloneatlast

Hi Lorraine,

My quit date was ordained by the night before. I had bought 4 beers and by the time of drinking 2 of them, I didnt want the other two. I just thought that I had just had enough. I was sick of drinking and feeling tired and having hangovers.

Then I had a stupid thought, I was thinking, I have 2 cans of beer, I have spent good money buying them, I might as well drinking these last too. So I did.
The I thought, I have 3/4 of a bottle of Port, so I finished that off too. Oh and I bottle of wine that I thought I dont want that to tempt me. Then 3/4 of a bottle of Whisky.

The next morning, I had the hangover from hell, I was sick while being sick (yes it is possible). God was I rough. Had to take the day off I was so ill.

I was annoyed that I didnt just get all the booze and throw it in the bin. I threw out any remaining bottles except a bottle of wine belonging to my wife. I didnt throw that out, I opened that up on day 7 and poured a glass of it. Smelt it, looked at it and then threw it all down the sink.

In hindsight, I would just get a blackbin liner and thrown all your stash away where you cannot retrieve it later. Say a prayer for yourself and forgive yourself and start your day one without the hassle and hangover.

You have come to the right place.