View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Daevid

Smile Keep going back until you want to.

Originally Posted by ThatHombre View Post
Well, I did it. I went to my first AA meeting last night. It was great. Lots of good folks. I was welcomed and got a 24 hour chip.

Up until about a week ago, I was convinced AA was a cult and it's members were weak. Boy was I wrong. Very wrong. I'm glad I put aside my preconceived notions and just went. I am truly humbled.

Now for a confession about this site. I have been here a couple of times with different aliases. I know one was Timmah!. Can't remember the others. This was during my heaviest drinking and I was only here "until I sober up and don't need support anymore." I made up stories about things that happened to me and sought a quick, b.s. fix. To all here, I sincerely apologize.

Today is day 3 for me. The shakes and sweats are gone. Now fatigue has set in. This weekend will be movies and naps.
AA kept me sober from 1997 to 2008. I stopped going and I relapsed. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and deal with the shame of getting back into the rooms. I'm sure it will be OK because they are good folks. The programme is very effective. If you work it 24/7 it will keep you dry and help you to be happy. AA is not for everyone but I think it's the best thing out there; make sure you're in there. Best of luck and keep going. Three times a week at the very least. Namaste