View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by ThatHombre View Post
Well, I did it. I went to my first AA meeting last night. It was great. Lots of good folks. I was welcomed and got a 24 hour chip.

Up until about a week ago, I was convinced AA was a cult and it's members were weak. Boy was I wrong. Very wrong. I'm glad I put aside my preconceived notions and just went. I am truly humbled.

Now for a confession about this site. I have been here a couple of times with different aliases. I know one was Timmah!. Can't remember the others. This was during my heaviest drinking and I was only here "until I sober up and don't need support anymore." I made up stories about things that happened to me and sought a quick, b.s. fix. To all here, I sincerely apologize.

Today is day 3 for me. The shakes and sweats are gone. Now fatigue has set in. This weekend will be movies and naps.
Many people = me, find AA is very different than our preconceived ideas. I think that is has to do with a strong group as well - makes a big difference.

I attend 2 other groups along with my home group, I like the differences and perspectives.

Glad you went!!!
What about tonight????????

Flyn