Old 11-05-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Dee, I'm committed to not drinking, like, for the next hour. So there's that. I've made myself so many promises, I don't know if I can contemplate more than that right now. For someone like me, being "committed" to something is basically meaningless anyway at this point so. Ya know. But I'm trying. I want to commit to the next hour when this ones over.

Joe Nerv, thank you. That sounds so wonderful. Something to wish I could do, too.

I'm extremely glad I posted that stuff. Those truly are my main arguments against myself (to myself?) for why I should drink. And between the reaction they got from y'all, putting them to words, and that link Hawks sent, I am looking at them a lot more quizzically than I was when I wrote them down. Honestly it's a little like my arguments for drinking have been magically transmogrified into arguments for *not* drinking. I think I'll save this thread for whenever I need it. And/or come back to it and rant more later. If I had anything coherent to add right now I would, but I just have Thank You All.