Thread: Help me out
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
b086

Online AA Meetings:

There are meetings all over the world, in different time zones, all throughout the day.
These meetings have absolutely saved my bacon and transformed my sobriety -- from basically white-knuckling it, to getting a taste of "the promises."

Most of them are on Skype. If you have a smartphone, you can join a meeting from anywhere. You just text the meeting host and they will call you in. There is no commute!! You can even do the dishes, etc. during the meeting...I often do.

I cannot recommend these highly enough. I'm an expat living in a rural area in Asia, so I only have experience with meetings hosted in Korea/Japan/China. However, we have members living in Denmark, England, Greenland (!), Italy, and France, and they rarely have connection problems.

Here is a list of meetings, the Skype account name of the host, and the meeting times. I usually go to "ChinaAAmeeting." It meets Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Friday at noon, your time. If that time doesn't work, there are others:

http://aainkorea.org/Skype_Meeting_List.pdf

Here are some other resources for online meetings. I can't vouch for the accuracy of these listings because I've never had to use them.

A.A. Meetings in AA On Line Meetings - Alcoholics Anonymous C.E.R.
Online Intergroup : Alcoholics Anonymous

If you have any questions AT ALL -- about how to connect, other resources for meetings, or anything else, please don't hesitate to post here or PM me.

My only regret about AA in general, and these online meetings in particular, is that I waited so long to attend.