Old 11-04-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
thequest

Originally Posted by Cazza1982 View Post
Would you?
My mum is not an addict but has been enabling my brother. While he was sober she got a loan for him which he paid back. He requested another earlier this year for £5000. He's back on his DOC & has left her with the debt. Which she needs to clear in addition to solicitors bills. I only have a few thousand in the bank but she has asked about borrowing it & paying it back (she is honest and would do so). But the thought of leading my hard earned cash to clear his debts makes me angry as he gets away scot free and eventually mum has had to cough up (and me & any other family member who lends in the meantime till being paid back).
She lent me £1500 last year to add to my savings to buy my car. I paid her back within 2 months. So she has helped me & I would feel bad saying no.

Just wondered what your thoughts are?

Thank you guys xxx
Your not alone. I've seen seniors and parents especially do things like put up the house. I've seen other people lose a couple of houses because the spouse needed rehab so many times. And the money troubles can spread and cause consternation at the same time. After I came here I learned to say no and recommended others do the same.