View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
rockstonic

Congrats on two weeks Chick!

Nice to see you Kat!

Any luck with the coat shopping izzy?

Hope all is well obo.

freein, I'm quite impressed with your productivity. Things seem to be going well lately. People are funny about cleaning ladies. My mom has one come in for a few hours once a week, but she doesn't like the way other people clean, so my mom ends up cleaning up in anticipation of the cleaning lady and the cleaning lady ends up like dusting a shelf, haha. But people should get rid of clutter in old age! Interesting insight about the chatter. I would agree with that. Let us know more when you get further into the book.

Mariah, it's good to be honest with yourself about your actions. It's amazing that you have 80 days without drink and I would keep that in mind as you continue today onto day 2 . I too find myself looking for something to go to when I'm feeling agitated. It's tempting to pick up new bad habits. It takes a lot of courage to be honest with yourself.

Thanks all. I think I didn't realize how hard it was to be around that kind of drinking even though I didn't really feel that tempted while I was at the party. Just being in that atmosphere brought on some anxiety. I had a weird Saturday, felt kind of crazy, but went to an AA gathering and took action to get out of my own head and I'm feeling a bit better. I will say that having my boyfriend on board with me at two weeks sober as well is making this much easier. I hope that we can keep working together because things have been much nicer lately