Old 11-02-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Hey, yeah, so, everything is ****, is this normal?

I'm on the verge, simultaneously, of being both fired and evicted. If that's not the like bifecta of homelessness waiting to happen, I don't know what is.

Every morning I decide I’m done, and every evening (almost) I drink way too much again.

At this point the thought patterns are so set in stone I wonder if my brain even, like, needs me to be there, or if it could get on fine without me.

The thoughts just sort of happen, and I look on like: Well, that’s a train wreck.

So.

Hey, I’m Ariel, I’m quitting booze today. Here goes. Let’s hope that this is true, and not more ********. Is there a difference between this time and every other day? Nope! Not except for the part where I’m posting this, I guess.

My rules starting today are/have been:

--I’m going to drive a different route home from work to avoid passing all the wonderful purveyors of various liquids I usually stop off at
--I’m going to read and post here every day, so, hi you fine folks
--I’m going to get a tattoo, maybe more than one; don’t ask; I need something to make me feel like I’m still a rebel, because I have a complex and booze is, like, the majority of my identity at this point

I’d love any words of encouragement from anyone who’s managed to quit after months and months of almost literally daily failing to quit … Cause that’s my story right now, and it feels a li’l pitiful at this point. Also is it possible to undergo eviction and being fired from the only industry you're skilled in, and to get on with life after? Ha ...

Side note? I've been reading on here and you are all lovely people. Seriously, I'm a bit dazed at there being so much nice in one place.