View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
freein14

Hi all,

Managed to accomplish quite a lot at my parents house today. I'm trying to persuade them to invest in a cleaning lady, just a couple of hours a week would make such a difference. But they don't like the idea. I do what I can, but it's not ideal.

They've collected so much stuff over the years, basically clutter, it's difficult to keep everything clean and impossible to keep it tidy. I think if you intend getting old, it's your duty to be a minimalist!

I've just started a fabulous book, The untethered soul, by Michael singer. I've read the first two chapters. It's about the clutter we have in our heads, that restless voice which never shuts up.

I've already had a couple of insights. For example, the chatter in our minds gets worse when we are unsettled. It's because the voice is used as a comforter, or a way we can feel that we have some control over an uncontrollable situation. This makes great sense to me.

I'm looking forward to learning how to embrace the uncontrollable external world without the need to change the reality of it in my head. Interesting.

I'm sure after a few more chapters I'll be able to explain it better!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.