View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
desypete

dont get me started on this topic lol

it well known most aa members dont do any service work at all and that includes trying to help new comers who come to the rooms of aa

they talk about there 12 steps and how there changed blah blah but when it comes down to giving anything back to aa or helping out sadly there lives are to busy for that

i went to a meeting out of my area so i was new face, i was outside having a smoke before the meeting with some aa memebers who i didnt know
not one of them asked me am i new
they ignored me and just chatted away to there regulars

the best part was when the meeting was thrown open for shares and many of them were telling the room that there changed people and that they thanks aa for it and for the people who helped them when they were first around

so i had a share in the meeting and i pulled no punches in mentioning how no one even asked me if i was new or took any interest in me whatsoever, it was clear i was aiming my share at those who had already said how much there changed people : )

the new comer is the most important person in any aa room or they should be and everyone in that room should be there to try to help a new comer when they come in its part of the 12th step but more importantly its the help we give out that sticks with the new comers and when they get to be regulars they will always remember the help that was given to them and they can then do the same for new comers when they come in

i am sorry you experienced what you did , if you had come along to any of my area meetings you would of got a much more kinder and helpful approach
we put new comers first and if anyone from out of the area comes visiting they will get greeted and made at home

there are small pockets of friends that people might call clicks but thats only natural as there people who have helped each other and grown closer to each other but they wouldnt exclude anyone new or shouldnt do

have a look around and try different meetings is the best bet there should be plenty of people around who do work there 12th step
good luck to you