View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

I agree with the others that just living your life and getting involved with groups, etc can help you meet people and feel less alone.

As for relationships, I get that, too. A year ago I would have said, "Scr*w men. I'm done with them." But, I know that I will eventually be looking to date in the future(once I'm well into my single hood) and I have the same concerns as you. Last weekend, I took my dog hiking and at the base of the trail is a large grassy park. I was standing in the shade of a tree working with my dog on some commands and a guy came over with his dog to compliment my well behaved dog(yeah, right, LOL). We stood and chatted for about 15 minutes and he asked for my phone number. Seriously??? I think I knew his dog's name but not his, LOL!
Anyway, my point is: just living life and getting out there is a great way to meet people.

Have you tried a new sport lately? Tennis is popular and I play and have met lots of great people at clubs in our town. What about joining a hiking or running club? A singles group that is activity based?