View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Good Evening, friends!

Welcome to scaredbutsober! Whether you’re new to SR, new to this thread, just coming back, counting days or years, we’re glad you’re here!

Congratulations to fromadistance on 1 Major Month and to all, congratulations and thanks for today!

Here’s the list of those who’ve made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from about 8:30 p.m. October 30 to 8:30 p.m. on October 31, NYC local time:

1newcreation
afloatsober
airwick
altoids
Alynn
Alysheba
BarbieKen
Beanie25
biminiblue
Cascabel
ChickChick
Chiffon
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
dcrr
Dee74
erfra7
Findingtheway
ForMeForThem
fromadistance
GentleSoul
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
growpath
grtgrandpa
gvrecovery
HeartsAfire
jsm273
Kiya
Kris47
least
Marcher13
martina12
MyTime86
scaredbutsober
sickofthiscrap
SnowDawg
SoberLeigh
Stayingsober72
sthlondonab
tootsl1
Try18
Vandermast
venuscat
VikingGF
yukonm
ZeldaFan
Zencat
zeppodog

It’s Halloween night. And the winner is: the Vampire. I don’t like ‘em. Parasites. Leeches.

(I can't tell you how much I dislike leeches.) Vampires aren't from another world, and they’re not from this world, and they’re not even minions of the Devil. They just are. Elegant-seeming, Dracula is a fanged fiend, who creeps down walls like a spider.

Ever-hungry, never-resting, Dracula and all that clan are as alluring in their way as fairies, but they’ll never ever care about you. All they want to do is suck your blood and corrupt your flesh. Vampires have an appetite so selfish it’s like perverted purity – the inside of a vampire is hollow and can’t ever be filled. And the lovelier and better you are, the greater their lust.

Worst, a vampire has no soul, and can take yours if it wants. You can’t recover from the bite of a vampire – your soul goes pffft! And then you’re one of them. Never let one insinuate its anti-human way into your bedroom and the dark places of your heart. It will do worse than damn you – it will make you a creature like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3uulQEkBf8

On this very scary night, I only have 3 words to reassure you: vampires don’t exist. You can go bad places, even do bad things, but nothing can steal your soul.

Did you know that a 3 day religious observance is called a triduum? I didn’t! Tomorrow is All Saints' Day. I look forward to seeing you then!