View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Not to minimize your pain, but all of my family is dead too. They all died in just a few years. I'm not married and I only have one house.

So.

I stopped drinking eight months ago. Only when I stopped was I able to deal with all the things life had thrown at me in the last few years. The drinking was taking me to such a dark place that many days I wished I would just die. If it hadn't been for my two cats, no one would have known, since I'm not working right now.

Honestly, all of my past can be dealt with now. All I saw was tragedy and pain and self-pity when I was drinking and now life seems much less sad and I have ways to cope with the small annoyances. I am grateful that I do have a home and a car and hot water, and those two cats. I can't do a thing about my family being gone, I can't bring them back and I can't fix wrongs that have happened. Why dwell on them? It just makes me feel bad. I choose to try to find positives where I can. That's all I have, my attitude and my view of the way things are. Alcohol does nothing but make me feel depression and pain.

I agree that you may benefit from getting to an AA meeting where people understand and can help you. I hope you are able to stop drinking before you really lose everything. It gets better quickly if you can just stay away from the drink.