View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stevie1

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
What else is there? I do not ask this with complacency. What else is there? I was miserable, sober. I did that until I had my head full of just being miserable. What else is there? Should I shoot heroin, should I smoke bowl full of dope...what? That hole will be there... and do I want to make my sobriety my new job? Should I do psychologists, AA forever, AV, forever? I think I have a terminal malady. I wish to live sober, but sober life sucks just a little less than drunk... and what does it bother anyway? we will be all dead in 20-30 years...
lost, I am so sorry you feel this way and I can somewhat relate.
Have you REALLY given AA, therapy, meds, etc a real working chance? Be honest now.

The only other option to trying until something works (and trying smarter) is to give up. You're posting here for help so you already realise giving up is a crappy option and you have the courage to keep fighting.

Because try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try Succeed! Is the brave way forward and you are doing that right now.