View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
NorCaliGal

Oh Leshar. I'm sorry your treatments are painful! At least your doctors are taking your depression seriously enough to try lots of different approaches to help you find relief. Love the image of Dee and Mother Theresa holding your hands....

Had a great afternoon with my friend! She really is one of my closest friends, and we both are bummed that her funky work schedule makes it nearly impossible to hang out. So our lunch lasted for hours! Oh, and I discovered another little trick - even though I didn't really need it yesterday - to avoid temptation to order an alcoholic drink when out. Get there first, get the table and order your non-alcoholic drink before others arrive. I already had my iced tea by the time my friend arrived. She drank water btw, so like I said this trick wasn't needed, but I'm keeping it in my back pocket to use down the road!

Bob, I was wondering where you were lately. You'll have to share before and after pics of the upgrades!

And thanks Leshar and NJ Kitty for your support regarding the BF. I have to say I have had tons of platonic friendships with males - starting way back in elementary school. I can only recall a couple of times where things got awkward where it was becoming apparent that the guy may be interested in something more, and I squashed it pretty quickly. So I do believe that a man and a woman can be just friends - but both have to be on the same page about it. If not, then there's gonna be problems. I guess I'm just fortunate that the majority of my male friends and I have been on the same page!

Really, really tired today for some reason. Had a coffee drink late yesterday that may have impacted my sleep, and am just dragging this morning. Have PT later today, than a stop at my Grandma's. Also need to get a gift card for a birthday party this weekend since I'll be in the area of the birthday girl's favorite store when going to PT and Grandma's. May try for an early afternoon nap...sheesh!

Take care all -
NCG