View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MissFixit

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
I don't think so, at least not today. I go back and forth. Is he a narcissist, is he a sociopath, is he stupid, or is he just an alcoholic? Is it a today a full moon? He might be a werewolf. He shows some narcissistic tendencies, but don't all alcoholics? It also can be difficult for me at times to even remember the him of twenty years ago. So when I try to sort the riddle of his actions out my brain can get a bit wonky. It's possible his girlfriend has some narcissistic tendencies. Maybe it was her idea to blindside my daughter. I don't know her, and I'm sure she's nice enough, but she does have a very spotty track record.

Regarding my STBXAH, what I've come to is this, He's not well. Period.
Yes, N and A have similar tendencies. Hopefully he is just an A (how often do you hear that, never). N's are hard to deal with as parents, at least mine is. It is always about them, their needs, their image, them, them, them.

I feel badly for your daughter. Even though it is wise to let them work out their own relationship, you might remind her that his behavior isn't about her. A family friend did that with me and it helped.