View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
aloneatlast

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
I made it to day 16, but then Sunday I just threw it away and I thought I could get right back on track but Monday & Tuesday I had wine, too much that I'm waking up feeling bad and missing my workouts and then by the time im feeling better, around 3:00p I forget how I felt in the am and think to myself why don't I leave work a bit early and go home and have a glass of wine. I felt so good the last two weeks, with high motivation, feeling like I am being the Dad I want to be and now I am three days away from that and I can't seem to get back. I'm weak and embarrassed that my willpower and discipline that had been getting stronger is practically nonexistent after 3:00p - I'm a big talker in the am, "not going to have any tonight" but then it just goes away. I read many of the threads and am disgusted with myself that there are so many strong people with circumstances that are truly difficult and I have it EASY, I should be able to just not drink. I'm going to try to return here today after 3:00p and just make a commitment to at least post something, anything until I get home and the desire to drink goes away. Thanks for listening, I just needed to verbalized my disappointment, maybe it will help my resolve to get back on track.
I completely understand where your coming from and no, you are not weak. Put that out of your head. You are an addict, in that your addiction to alcohol is overiding your ambition and common sense to be sober.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Here a tip, thats working for me today.
((( PLEASE ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE NO HEALTH ISSUES LIKE DIABETES - CONSULT A DOCTOR IF IN DOUBT))

You need water, sugar, herbal tea, lemonade and apple cider vinegar.

At 3pm, drink as much water around 2 litres as you can in an hour. Now this may seem easy, its not because your trying to put a large volume of water into your body. You see like me you could be dehydrated (smelling yellow/green/brown pee), thats dehydration, you could be mistaking the need for fluids with the need for alcohol. 2 Litres of water should be enough to hydrate you.

After an hour has passed, drink another litre of water with 6 teaspoons of sugar. Alcohol has lots of sugar and some people are addicted to sugar rather than alcohol, this way you take away the sugar addiction, this can be cut down later and is far less harmful unless your a diabetic than alcohol.

Next have 3 cups of herbal tea, Jasmine Green Tea, is a good choice.

Take a vitamin B supplement there is evidence this can reduce cravings.

Drink 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, it melts away cravings fast.

Repeat the above steps as neccesary and post often on Sober Recovery.

Cravings, what craving. Before you know where you are, you will be ready for bed and have a blissful drink free night, with no regrets, hangovers and you will be satisfied, rather than trying to whiteknuckle it through on willpower alone, thats very difficult indeed.

Good Luck