View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Magellan

I'm having trouble getting back up...

I made it to day 16, but then Sunday I just threw it away and I thought I could get right back on track but Monday & Tuesday I had wine, too much that I'm waking up feeling bad and missing my workouts and then by the time im feeling better, around 3:00p I forget how I felt in the am and think to myself why don't I leave work a bit early and go home and have a glass of wine. I felt so good the last two weeks, with high motivation, feeling like I am being the Dad I want to be and now I am three days away from that and I can't seem to get back. I'm weak and embarrassed that my willpower and discipline that had been getting stronger is practically nonexistent after 3:00p - I'm a big talker in the am, "not going to have any tonight" but then it just goes away. I read many of the threads and am disgusted with myself that there are so many strong people with circumstances that are truly difficult and I have it EASY, I should be able to just not drink. I'm going to try to return here today after 3:00p and just make a commitment to at least post something, anything until I get home and the desire to drink goes away. Thanks for listening, I just needed to verbalized my disappointment, maybe it will help my resolve to get back on track.