View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Buggirl

Question Talk of Christmas party at work.......

.......,is filling me with dread! All I have said so far at work is I have stopped drinking for now as I am fed up of binge drinking at weekends (no one knows how bad it was in the week for me!) and that I am saving money in the process. I keep being asked if it is for stoptober (to raise money for charity) and how folk can sponsor me! When I say no, it's for me, I get an odd look and the conversation moves on. This was all ok, but now work party's are being arranged and I feel obliged to attend. The issue is that everyone remembers how I was always one of the last handful standing and always up for more booze and on to somewhere after the meal that served til late before staggering home to my poor partner who was dreading my mood and state I would be in after spending a couple of hundred pounds! But hey are talking of how ace this is and how they can't wait to have a good session with me!

I am just not that person anymore and don't want to go back to it! One option is to cover whoever is on call so they can drink. How have you guys got around this?