View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

petmagnet....this is why I have come to the conclusion that there should be a federal law that the alcoholic should live away from the family for the first year of recovery (at minimum). For their own welfare and that of their loved ones, alike! I am be a little bit sarcastic, here....bit, I think I still h ave a good point!

There is all kinds of alcoholic craziness going on in his head, right now. That is expected, but don't try to analyze it and don't get sucked into trying to help him cope with. He knows very well that this is what his program members and his sponsor and counselor are for.

If he offers you the ball---just punt it back to him. That is in his hula hoop and he has to learn to cope with it himself.

What you are going to to to protect yourself and your peace of m ind is within your hula hoop. I am thinking that perhaps you need to tighten your boundaries and that you may also need SPACE from him. You may need to take it if he is unwilling to give it.
You will have to do whatever it takes.

You do know that everything coming out of his mouth is just quacking...don't you...?!

dandylion