View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
casinva

Lulu, it's so important to get this kind of stuff off our chests and I'm glad you shared your rant. Nursing is a wonderful profession and one you should be very proud of. I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason. That DUI, while it might have sidetracked your career, probably saved your life in the long run. And I know I hated it when people used to tell me this when I was your age but you're still so young! You'll definitely find your niche again. I promise!

I think it's human nature to second guess our decisions. Facebook is wonderful for allowing us to do so when we see high school and college classmates that are now doctors, successful business people making millions, etc. I sometimes have to take Facebook breaks for this very reason. It's depressing, lol! But then I realize what I do have - my sobriety, a wonderful husband, two fantastic teenage boys, and most importantly our health - and I feel better.

I think we all wasted a lot of time during our alcoholism. But the good news is we are fortunate to have lived to have the regrets. And I don't say that flippantly.

My youngest is a 10th grader and I could very easily go back to work now. To be honest with you, I'm afraid. I've given myself a goal of finding something at the beginning of the new year. Once I figure out what it is I want to do now, that is.

Hope everyone is doing well!