View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
peaceandgrace

Engaged, you are doing the right thing for both you and your daughter!
My AS has a 6 year old daughter. His daughter's mother (whom I am very close to and love dearly) has broken off all contact with him due to his erratic behavior, unpredictable contact and all around "addictedness."

My granddaughter will be ok. Her mother hasn't had "the conversation" yet, but she will have to. Just last week my granddaughter told her mother, "Mommy, it isn't your fault DaDa doesn't call me."

The hurt brings you to your knees in tears. How could someone hurt his/her own child? It's incomprehensible but this is what addiction does.

I see hope because I teach 8th graders. So many of them have shared they come from families broken from addiction. Too many are wise beyond their years. In a good way. "It's ok. I have dealt with my father not being there. It's his loss." I could go on and on with their words.

I do worry about my granddaughter's future father issues as they will inevitably have to be dealt with. But, I know my granddaughter is loved and supported. She does not have an addict in her day to day life. And, for that I am grateful.

Many prayers to you and your daughter as you negotiate this difficult path.

With compassion,
PeaceandGrace