View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
desypete

this is the sole reason i love aa and some of the people in aa, when i was in the mess i was in at the begining of recovery, some of the members would come and sit with me and keep me company, they would come and sit with my in my flat so i wasnt so alone etc, they would take me around meetings and help me to start a new way of doing things, i will never forget those days as i wanted them around me but i was to scared to ask anyone or tell anyone how i was really feeling
lucky for me i didnt have to say anything as these guys had been there, they knew what its like being on your own with no one to care for you
in fact i know today just how much my own mess helped them to feel grateful for there familys and wives that they still had so out of there feeling of gratitude they bent over backwards to help me

without those guys i wouldnt be here today i know i would of been out on the streets homeless and dead by now

instead i have a second chance of life i have my kids living with me today something i never ever thought would happen when i was in that dark world its my proudest moment of my life is the day the courts gave me my kids back, and thats all down to those guys who spent so much time helping me in the early days

hence i would always offer up aa and the meetings for anyone else as there are people in those places that really do go that extra mile and help others

there are also people there who dont and they just like the sound of there own voice and knowledge but even they help with things they can say as its all good

another major problem i had was letting people help me as my pride would rather not bother people with my small problems and i would deal with them myself
my way of dealing with things was to shut off from everyone and sit on my own and worry about things

when i learned to open my mouth in aa and start to talk about things i could feel the problems lift from me, they might not solve them but they sure did help me how i felt about them

so thats really all i can offer up to you is maybe give aa a try and hopefully you will meet people there who really understand just were your at and will help you

by the way there help is also at times a kick up the back side to get me moving rather than sitting there feeling low as again they know as they have had to sit there feeling low and getting a kick up there own backside as well lol

good luck to you there is help for you but you have to let people help you whatever way you go