View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
Hi Crois -

Different female friend this time. This one lives about four hours away, in a different state. This is the first opportunity I would have had to meet her, and also the first time he's spent time with her in two years. This one actually wanted to meet and get to know me I believe - imho it's Ricardo who doesn't want this for some reason.

The other one - who he's had dinner with a few times - is local. She wants nothing to do with me. Ricardo, in his own words, said he wouldn't want to have us do things together, that it would be uncomfortable.

So yes clearly I have some insecurities in this area....

NCG
Yeah, that's kind of all weird. Like he somehow adds to making the situation more odd than it needs to be.

For example...that old friend from out of town, that to me would be a pre-planned thing to make sure they could meet my partner in some way. That being said, I know my ex didn't meet my best friend for ages because we just loved our chatty catch up time. But we are the same sex.

I hope you understand what I mean (and I hope I've interpreted correctly!), but why go on about a haircut, if he really just wanted to catch up with his friend?

Don't get me wrong, I don't even think he's playing up with any of them, he just seems to add a layer of awkwardness to those relationships and catch ups where there doesn't need to be one? You know what I mean? Then he wonders why you think it's odd?

Hell, even I think it's odd and I don't have a vested interest!