View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Thomasthetank

Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
I wanted to share one of the more common anxieties that I use to have when I drank. This was pretty much all of the time if the circumstances were there, and I was just curious how common this is.

For example:

When I would attend a small dinner party, or some other small get together, I’d often (always) get a bit anxious that there won't be enough alcohol. Even if I had already tuned-up before I arrived.

If it was a group of 2-3 couples for example, and I learned that the host only purchased a 12-pack of beer for the evening, that would actually disturb me the entire night, even if I already had a decent amount of alcohol already in me. Just the fact that there’s only a modest limit of beer left would run through my mind the entire time, and sort of put a damper on evening. I’d actually get the desire to leave and go home where my booze was plentiful. (Just another booze annoyance that I don't miss.)

Is this a common trait?
Yeah, I think so. I mean, I hung out with drinkers so a lack of alcohol was never an issue. But I have suffered massive anxiety knowing I would have to go to family outings or whatever without booze. No one cared how much I drank amongst friends though, it was occasionally a joking point between us: how much I could put away. At the time I was grateful, now I think they just didn't care about me very much.