View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
NorCaliGal

Additional thought....

Obviously the "Wheel of Fortune" rule is ridiculous. As an adult out in the world would never actually expect people to follow it! But where I struggle is determining other household rules growing up are just as ridiculous. For example, all food in the fridge was supposed to be wrapped or sealed in a closeable plastic bag. I go into the kitchen this morning and Ricardo has placed the butter dish in the fridge but didn't cover it with plastic wrap. Is it reasonable to ask him to do so? Or is this just another ridiculous rule I've absorbed from my childhood. My mom believed, and I agree, that covering the food makes sense, because food can give off or absorb odors from other things. But my mom also thought the Wheel of Fortune rule made sense - is covering food a valid thing to ask someone else to do too? So I stay silent, and cover the butter dish myself. And honestly I resent Ricardo a little bit over it, when really he hasn't done anything wrong but not be aware I like the butter covered and for some reason I can't speak up about it.

Ack!

NCG